Sunday, August 31, 2008

Favs from Art in the Pearl

Yesterday I saw some spectacular artwork downtown. Kimmy and I walked slowly, almost to the point of falling over, for about an hour and a half, looking at all the stunning pieces of creativity. My favorite painter, if I had to choose one from our brief walk past them, would probably be Marla Baggetta. Her landscapes are where I want to spend my days. I also really liked Wendy Dunder's sculpted lamps. Here are a few of the pieces I saw, which I retrieved from linking to their websites via the Art in the Pearl website:












1 comment:

Tracy Mae said...

dear one--you've been a posting maniac!! i havent been keeping up, i sorrowfully admit. however, thank you for your comment and i, too, wish you could have been there to join in the convo. you just missed it by a few hours whilst driving back to portland the second time. :) you are right that ben knows a lot because he was a religion major, but you know a lot too as a follower of Christ and a studious woman. dont sell yourself short. perhaps the next time we talk i will be less tired and living in a more cell phone conducive household rather than a hotspot for dropped calls. grrrr. anyway, lets keep talking. i hope i can still write now that i am back to being a teacher. :) love you dear.