Friday, August 15, 2008

Dorothy Day

A few days ago I watched a movie called Entertaining Angels, about Dorothy Day. I don't know what else to say other than it is worth watching. I remember learning about Dorothy Day and the movement she founded - the Catholic Worker Movement - in high school - but only very briefly - and I remember wanting to learn more about her in college.

The movie caused me to examine myself and the world in which I live - and caused me to reflect, again, on what it is Jesus wants for our world and for us. Not all are called to be Dorothy Day's or Mother Teresa's. But we are called to be faithful. Lord, help me, and help our world, in being faithful to who and where you've called us to be. Amen.
(The photo above is of Moira Kelly, the actress who played Dorothy Day in the movie. Photo credit: http://www.americancatholic.org)

No comments: