Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Grad school apprehension...

As I contemplate graduate school, this website and this website has me reconsidering. For a graduate degree in landscape architecture, it will take 10 quarters, at roughly $25K/year, which will amount to approximately $97,000 for the duration of the degree, after adjusting for inflation. This means that I will need to make $821 monthly payments for 20 years to pay back the loan. Now, mind you, this is in addition to the loans I am already paying back for my undergraduate degree at Whitworth College, which has me paying about $150/month right now. So, that means that I will need to make $1000 extra each month, for 20 years, just to pay off freaking college loans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
how do people do it?
i need to win the lottery.

No comments: