Wednesday, February 3, 2010

"Taos Floral" has arrived!

I know my posts have been a little heavy lately (except the silly picture of the penguin being eaten by a fish ;) so I'm adding a little happy post here. Last June I visited my friend Elizabeth in New Mexico. We spent some time perusing the galleries in Old Town - and I was so inspired and engaged as we looked at all of the beautiful creations around us. It was wonderful. My mentor friend, Sheila, has a houseful of beautiful artwork. While in college, she started putting pieces of artwork on layaway, contributing whatever small amount she could at the time, on a monthly basis, to go towards whatever piece of artwork she wanted. I thought this was a brilliant idea - and so I finally bought my very first piece of artwork while in NM. I set it up so that $20/month was withdrawn from my bank account, and just received the painting in the mail! The artist is Dee Sanchez, and paints mostly landscapes/people/etc. in a New Mexico environment. I think they're wonderful and dreamy. The one I bought is quite a bit more mellow than her usual style. Isn't it beautiful? Makes me want to go frolic amidst the flowers. You can see more of her paintings here.

4 comments:

Tracy Mae said...

ooohhhh!!! i LOVE this idea or layaway! also, i LOVE this painting! also, i LOVE you!

Richelle said...

yeah girl! can't wait for our talk on monday at 7:01 my time 9:01 your time!

spyder said...

Buying art is a transformative experience. Much congratulations.

Elizabeth said...

I'm so glad it arrived! For months I've been meaning to ask you about it. It is even more striking than I can remember!